Welcome and congratulations on being accepted
to the UNM School of Law.
I want to welcome you to the UNM Law community. We are excited about the possibility of your joining us. UNMSOL is a unique and special place for many reasons. Far more than merely a group of students and faculty, our law school is a tightly knit community. At our law school, we honor our past while building for your future – a future we hope you will elect to share with us.
We realize that you have choices when it comes to your legal education. You might be impressed by what sets our law school apart:
- UNMSOL has a curriculum that offers a capstone clinical opportunity where you will represent real clients with many different legal challenges. We have had this mandatory clinic for over 40 years and our clinical program has consistently been ranked in the top 10 nationally.
- Out of 200, we are ranked 8th by National Jurist in Best Value law schools.
- Our student/faculty ratio is 10:1. We value small class size and the opportunity for every student to work closely with their professors.
- UNMSOL continues to have one of the most diverse faculty and student bodies in the country.
- As New Mexico's law school, we have an extremely active and close network established for our students with the bench and bar.
- The New Mexico Court of Appeals is located on our campus. We have the luxury of a beautiful and newly built courthouse, and all that offers, right next door.
- Our campus is located in the beautiful Southwest - offering close proximity to Arizona, Colorado, Utah, and Nevada - vibrant cultural diversity and limitless outdoor recreation. Explore New Mexico.
We are very proud of our school and of our tremendous sense of community. I hope you decide to join us. Please feel free to contact my office if you have any questions or concerns. My direct number is (505) 277-4700 and my email address is email@example.com.
Interim Dean, UNM School of Law