- Admissions Home
- Why UNM?
- Application Requirements & Deadlines
- Financing Your Education
- Statistics & Class Profiles
- Contact Us
Investing in a graduate degree is both a personal and a financial commitment. This past fall, UNMSOL was ranked 8th out of 200 law schools nationally as a Best Value law school. The Admissions and Financial Aid staff here at UNM School of Law are here to help you find ways to make your education affordable. For detailed information on funding opportunities, please visit our Financial Aid and Scholarships webpage.
|Full-time Tuition Per Semester (12-18 credits)||Full-time Tuition Per Academic Year (Fall and Spring)|
|Out-of-State Residents||$16, 985.64||$33,971.28|
|Fall and Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
|Curricular Fee1||$250.00 per semester||$175.00*|
|Graduate & Professional School Association Fees||$25.00 per semester|
1. All Law Students are charged a Curricular Fee each semester to cover costs including but not limited to Westlaw, Lexis, and CALI password; Extegrity Exam4 licenses; student copying and printing quotas; classroom, courtroom, clinic, computer lab, student organization offices and journal suite IT equipment including computers, monitors and software licenses; and emails and media servers, media center equipment and staff support.
* Summer Semester curricular fees are assessed for students enrolled in six (6) or more credits during the summer term.
2013-2014 Estimated Cost of Living in addition to Tuition and Required Fees Independent Student living Off-Campus
|Academic Year||One Semester|
|Room and Board||$8,924.00||$4,462.00|
|Books and Supplies||$1,180.00||$590.00|
* This amount is in addition to tuition and required University and Law School fees.
Tuition is approved by the UNM Board of Regents each April for the upcoming academic year.
Officers of the Student Bar Association collect one-time voluntary dues during the first week of the fall semester. Payment entitles the student to a locker and participation in SBA-sponsored activities. Withdrawal refunds are prorated to the semester of withdrawal.
|New Incoming Students||$90.00|
New Mexico attorneys are not required to carry malpractice insurance. The School of Law Clinic, however, believes it is a fundamental professional responsibility to protect clients from potential harm which may be caused by our negligence. The Clinic negotiates a new malpractice insurance premium each year, buying the most coverage for the most reasonable rate. All students enrolled in Clinical courses are required to pay an equitable share of the cost of malpractice insurance. This fee is approximately $120. Students are informed of the actual rate no later than the first day of Clinic classes and pay their fee to the School of Law no later than the second Friday of the semester in which the student is enrolled.
The group health and accident insurance is available to UNM students carrying six or more semester hours during a regular semester. Participation is at the student's option, except that foreign students are required to have this coverage for themselves and dependents. Please contact the Student Health Center for current rates, application, and payment.
For further information students should contact the School of Law Assistant Dean for Registration William Jackson.