Law Career CONNECT
Law Career CONNECT is powered by 12Twenty, the industry-leading on-line recruiting tool maintained by the Office of Student & Career Services. Law Career CONNECT provides our students with easy access to job listings, recruiting programs, job fairs, events, professional development resources, and a customized professional profile and calendar.
To Log-on to Law Career CONNECT
UNM Law Students
- Visit CONNECT
- First time visitor please select “Student/Alumni Sign-up”.
- Follow the prompts by entering your email address and selecting a password, complete this section by providing background information.
- Upload your resume and other documents to your Application Materials tab. Note that your documents are searchable by the Office of Student & Career Services, and only this offices It is not viewable by faculty or other administrators. It is also not viewable by employers, except when you clearly allow access.
- Note that your profile and resume are the only systematic ways the Office of Career Services has to identify students by background and interest and to connect you to opportunities. Be sure to update your profile and resume at least once a semester.
UNM Law Alumni
- Visit CONNECT
- First time visitor should select “Student/Alumni Sign-Up”
- Complete the short registration form.
- Once the Office of Career Services verifies your status as a University of New Mexico School of Law graduate, you will be sent a welcome message.
- Upload your resume to the Application Materials tab. Note that your documents are searchable by the Office of Student & Career Services, and only this offices. It is not viewable by faculty or other administrators. It is also not viewable by employers, except when you clearly allow access.
Services Available on Law Career CONNECT
Job listings for students and graduates are often received daily and posted online via Law Career CONNECT. Positions include local, regional and nationwide listings with government agencies, courts, law firms and public interest employers.
Each year, employers participate in UNM Fall and Spring Recruiting, and interview students either on- or off-campus. These employers represent law firms, government agencies and public interest entities nationwide. UNM Law Fall and Spring Recruiting are run entirely through Law Career CONNECT.
Career Services participates in specialty practice, minority, public interest and government job fairs nationwide. Please note that each job fair requires its own separate log-in information and may be managed through other organizations’ sites.
UNM Law Advisor Directory
The Alumni Advisor Directory is a compilation of UNM Law alumni and friends who affirmatively volunteered to speak with students and fellow graduates about career issues. (You should ask these lawyers for advice, not employment.) To access the UNM Law Advisor Directory on CONNECT, after logging on, click on the “Resource Library” module then on the “Law Advisory Directory – Alumni Network
Customized Professional Profile and Calendar
Students and graduates can maintain a customized professional profile on Law Career CONNECT, which allows Career Services to better advise them regarding recruiting events and prospective employers. Also, students may use Law Career CONNECT calendar feature to manage their time and interview schedules.