Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the University of New Mexico School of Law a New Mexico MCLE-accredited CLE provider?
- How do I register and pay for a CLE course online?
- Select the course(s) you wish to attend, click the “Register Now” button, and follow the steps through to check-out.
- What forms of payment can I use?
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and debit cards.
Government attorneys: If you need to pay by purchase order or any method other than a credit or debit card, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is paying online safe?
- Making payments online is as safe and dependable as paying by mail. Our on-line payment system uses encryption technology to ensure that only those parties approved by you can access your confidential information.
- How will I know if my payment went through?
- You will receive a receipt via e-mail. We encourage you to print this page for your records.
- How quickly will my payment be withdrawn from my bank account if I pay with my debit card?
- Payments are generally processed in 2-4 days.
- Will my email address be shared with third parties?
- No. All personal information is kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with any third party. This information is used for registration and to contact you about cancellations, schedule changes, and future programs. You may unsubscribe from our promotional emailings, sent in HTML format, at the "unsubscribe" link.
- What is the refund policy?
- Canceled Live Course. If a live course for which you have pre-registered is cancelled, you will be notified by e-mail and your entire tuition will be refunded.
Rescheduled Live Course.If a live course for which you have pre-registered is re-scheduled, you will be notified by e-mail. You will have the option to (1) attend the course at the new time, or (2) request that your entire course fee be credited toward a different live or self-study course, or (3) request a refund of the entire course fee.
Immediate cash refunds are not given for withdrawal from a class or when a class is cancelled or rescheduled. If a refund is due or if overpayment has been made, there is a 21-day hold period from the payment-receipt date before the refund is processed. Credit and debit card refunds will be credited to the card used for the transaction.
- I’m a member of the State Bar of New Mexico. Who will report my CLE credits?
- For LIVE programs, UNM School of Law will report your credits to New Mexico MCLE and will pay the credit filing fee.
- I’m a member of a bar OTHER THAN the State Bar of New Mexico. Can I get credit for your courses? Who will report my CLE credits to my state bar?
- Some other states accept credit for New Mexico MCLE-approved courses. Please check the pertinent procedures and requirements of your state’s bar. In general, most states will accept a certificate of attendance for credit. A certificate of attendance is available upon completion of a course. YOU must report your credits to your state bar according to its procedures.
- Does the UNM School of Law offer any online courses?
- We offer many live courses throughout the year, but do not currently offer any online courses.