We Teach Real Financial Topics for Real People
Financial Literacy can help you or your students save up for a major purchase. In a few simple steps, you can reach your savings goal and feel good about achieving something.
Determine your Goals and Develop a Savings Plan
- Decide what it is you want to save up for, and be specific. (IPOD, new car, computer, college, etc.)
- Do research into price and quality to make sure you are getting what you want.
- Write down the amount you will need to save. (include tax, insurance, etc.)
- Do a Budget to determine how much you can save each week or month, after all your expenses. (Be Realistic!)
- Calculate how many weeks or months it will take you to reach your savings goal.
- Stick to your plan and reach your goal!
From the Classroom to Real Life
Did You Know?
- NM Payday Lenders are currently allowed to charge 400% interest.
- Credit is a product – you can and should shop around for the best deal!
- Credit Unions or Banks can offer better interest rates than dealerships.
- You are allowed a free credit report each year – and you should get one!
- Start saving now, and you’ll be surprised how much your money will grow.
- Start having good financial habits now – it can change your future.