Classes for Local High Schools
The Financial Literacy Team can teach classes at your high school, from one classroom session to a series of classes. We’ll work with you to determine what will be most effective for you and your students. We’re also happy to share our classroom materials, including class outlines and homework/project assignments (contact us for more information).
Lessons generally run about 1 to 1.5 hours in length. Our current topics include:
- Defining & Exploring Economics
- Compounding Interest: The Most Powerful Force in the Universe
- Budgeting & Smart Spending
- Borrowing Basics
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Predatory Lending
- Investing and the Stock Market
- The Mortgage Crisis (or lessons related to other current events)
- Buying a Car
- Credit Reports & Scores
- The Invisible Hand and the Role of the Government in the Economy
Need something different? We may be able to design a class to fit your needs – just contact us.