UNM Law School Art Gallery Launches 2017 Artist in Residence Program
January 5, 2017 - Tamara Williams
The University of New Mexico Law School Not-for-Profit Art Gallery is launching the 2017 Artist in Residence Program with an opening reception on Tuesday, January 24 from 5:00 - 6:30 pm in the Forum at the UNM Law School, located at 1117 Stanford NE. Free parking is available in the law school parking lot after 4:00 p.m.
The Art Gallery’s inaugural Artist in Residence Program features work from 11 artists:
- Norm Gagne, UNM Law School Class of 1974
- Sarah Lough, UNM Law School Class of 2007
- Sherri Burr, Regents Professor, UNM School of Law
- Steven K. Homer, Director of the Legal Analysis & Communication Program, UNM School of Law
- Dan Noyes, former staff at UNM School of Law
- Laura Paskus, freelance reporter, KUNM
- Jennifer Brannen, School of Law, Class of 2019
- Alexander Kinney, College of Fine Arts
- Dan Shaffer
- Vera Neel
Sculptress in Residence: Elana Schwartz
Meet the exhibiting artists and hear about their work at the opening reception, which will feature a shrimp buffet, wine selection and non-alcoholic beverages.
Live entertainment will be provided by "Keep Your Day Job," a UNM School of Law band comprised of Sergio Pareja, dean; Alex Ritchie, associate professor; Jim Butler, former faculty; and Jayson Capps, web administrator.
For more information, please contact Professor Sherri Burr (Art Committee Chair) at 505-277-5650.