In a nationwide survey by Above the Law, students from the University of New Mexico School of Law gave their school a rating of 3.46 overall out of 4 points. This resulted in the UNM Law School’s latest rating: #4th nationwide.
If New Mexico is your home or if it’s where you plan to call home, establish your credentials and make your connections right here in New Mexico’s Law School.
Students are thriving at the UNM School of Law
Students learn to control the courtroom from the pros
March 25, 2016
UNM Law students win national tax law competition
February 15, 2016
Connect with faculty who are experts in their fields and who really care about students.
- Professor Reed Benson was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to teach at the University of Lethbridge, one of Canada’s most influential research universities
- Professor Sherri Burr receives prestigious fellowship to study Free Blacks in Virginia for upcoming book
- Professor David Stout has been selected for inclusion in "Best Lawyers in America" for several years in a row.
- Professor Steven Homer was selected as one of the "26 Best Law Teachers" in the U.S.
Connect with opportunities that will build your future.
- Attend the UNM Law Semester in Washington D.C. and connect with the largest group of School of Law alumni outside the state of New Mexico.
- In an age of increasing globalization, it’s important for lawyers to be comfortable in different cultures and with clients from different cultures.
- Represent your own clients, with the support of faculty advisors, in our pioneering, inclusive and required Clinical Program, consistently ranked among the highest in the nation by US News & World Report.
Connect with people who will help you flourish.
- Our very active relationship with the Bench and Bar offer countless opportunities for collaboration, training, and employment. Judges and leading practitioners routinely guest lecture in classes, coach our Moot Court and Mock Trial teams, and participate in numerous activities at the law school.
- Our Career Services Department will help you imagine, plan, and discover your legal career.
- Our graduates often outpace the national rate for securing long-term jobs that require passing the bar. See our strong employment outcomes.
And have some fun while you’re at it!
- There are more than 270 art galleries in Albuquerque. Not enough? Santa Fe is just 60 miles away.
- Ski at Sandia, Santa Fe, Taos, Red River and more. World-class runs, and snowboarders are welcome. Raft the river (2 hours away), explore White Sands (3 hours) or go deep underground in Carlsbad Caverns (5 hours).
- Shop til you drop in trendy Nob Hill and downtown Albuquerque. Restaurants and nightlife abound.
Ready to connect with a world of opportunities? Apply Now