In a nationwide survey by Above the Law, students from the University of New Mexico School of Law gave their school a rating of 3.46 overall out of 4 points. This resulted in the UNM Law School’s latest rating: #4th nationwide.
Here are just a few of the ways our students recommend making connections in law school.
Connect with faculty who are experts in their fields and who really care about students.
- Dean Emeritus Leo M. Romero recently received the Spirit of Excellence Award from the American Bar Association for his many contributions to racial and ethnic diversity.
- Professor David Stout has been selected for inclusion in "Best Lawyers in America" for several years in a row.
- Professor Steven Homer was recently selected as one of the "26 Best Law Teachers" in the U.S.
Connect with opportunities that will build your future.
- Attend the UNM Law Semester in Washington D.C. and connect with the largest group of School of Law alumni outside the state of New Mexico.
- Participate in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to observe military commissions at Guantanamo Bay
- Represent your own clients, with the support of faculty advisors, in our pioneering, inclusive and required Clinical Program, consistently ranked among the highest in the nation by US News & World Report.
Connect with people who will help you flourish.
- Our very active relationship with the Bench and Bar offer countless opportunities for collaboration, training, and employment.
- Our Career Services Department will help you imagine, plan, and discover your legal career.
- Our graduates often outpace the national rate for securing long-term jobs that require passing the bar. See our strong employment outcomes.
And have some fun while you’re at it!
- There are more than 270 art galleries in Albuquerque. Not enough? Santa Fe is just 60 miles away.
- Ski at Sandia, Santa Fe, Taos, Red River and more. World-class runs, and snowboarders are welcome. Raft the river (2 hours away), explore White Sands (3 hours) or go deep underground in Carlsbad Caverns (5 hours).
- Shop til you drop in trendy Nob Hill and downtown Albuquerque. Restaurants and nightlife abound.
Ready to connect with a world of opportunities? Apply Now