SBA 2009-2010 Travel Reimbursement Procedures and Criteria
The new SBA board has decided to provide the student body with more detailed criteria for travel reimbursement requests. These criteria have been decided by the board in order to implement a more fair process of fund disbursement and allocation. This is also to increase student knowledge of how to utilize the travel reimbursement program. The SBA funds belong to the student body as a whole. The executive board has decided by a majority vote that the application for these funds should be equally accessible to all students by a process rather than by ad hoc voting. This procedure is not part of the SBA constitution, but rather a program that has been implemented for the benefits of SBA members.
- Travel reimbursement may be requested for any form of academically related travel.
- Requests must include:
Limitations on funding requests:
- Itemized receipts
- Completed SBA travel reimbursement form
- A description of how the travel enhanced the requestors legal education and the law school as a whole
- Documentation of requests for other funding
- SBA will not reimburse students for alcohol purchases.
- Funding requests for food will be given on a per diem basis not to exceed the amount of $35 per whole day of travel.
- Students must apply for other forms of funding prior to requesting SBA reimbursement. The actual attainment of other funds is not required as long as documentation is attached describing why other funds were not attained.
- However, these three resources should be attempted:
- GPSA funds: http://www.unm.edu/~gpsa/documents/RevisedSRACApplicationRules_000.pdf
- A UNMSOL student travel reimbursement program such as deans funds or another entity
- Parent organization sponsoring event
- Students may qualify for a maximum reimbursement of $150/semester (excluding summer semesters) and $300/ academic year