Scheduling an Event
Students organizing an event are required to:
- Secure a room via the Front Desk.
- Schedule the event on the calendar through the Front Desk.
- Fill out the Student Organization Food Order Form at least two weeks prior to your event. This will let Nancy Huffstutler request authorization to use the P card to pay for your order. When we have approval you will be notified and you may then place your order. Please note! Filling out this form does not mean Nancy will order the food. Students are responsible for ordering the food separately from filling out this information. The original receipt must be delivered to Nancy immediately. The receipt must show the itemized detail of what was purchased, not just the total amount charged.
- Serving alcohol at your event: The service of alcohol at an event on the UNM School of Law campus requires advance approval. To start the process, fill out and print out the form found here.
- permit requests are due to the VP of the SUB (i.e., main campus) 15 business days prior to the date of the event;
- kegs are not allowed;
- “Alcohol shall not be mentioned in any promotional materials” used and distributed to advertise the event;
- requests to serve alcohol before 5:00 p.m. on weekdays are not likely to be approved;
- a licensed server must serve the alcohol and a copy of their license must accompany your request.