The McManus Chapter at the University of New Mexico School of Law is a chapter that is dedicated to community service. We enjoy hosting events that are directed to serve kids in the Albuquerque area. We feel that it is important to give to the community in any way that we can, and besides the events we have held annually, we are expanding our vision to give new ideas a try. We are also interested in fresh ideas on how to better serve the students at University of New Mexico School of Law as well.
Applications are available on the National PAD website. Simply click on Law School & Download on the left side of the screen, then Download Guide at the top of the screen, then Form H- Membership Application. The Constitution and By-Laws are also available from this screen.
Our officers are available to answer any questions you may have about P.A.D., so please use us as a resource.
Some of the Activities PAD Sponsors Are:
- Halloween Trick or Treat - we invite kids in the community to the law school to participate in some Halloween fun
- Clothing Drives - to benefit homeless in the area
- Toy Drives - to benefit underprivileged kids in our community
- Spring Festival - kids come to our back patio for an egg hunt, water balloon toss, jumping castle, and lots of candy
- Easter basket drive - Donations go to kids in battered women's shelters and foster homes
- Habitat for Humanity - We pick a few dates throughout the year and organize groups of PAD members and students of the law school to volunteer a full day to help build Habitat homes.
- In the Future - We would like to bring PAD alumni and law school members together for social and professional functions