Natural Resources Journal

About the Journal

Call for Proposals

National Parks Centennial

The Natural Resources Journal at the University of New Mexico School of Law will honor the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service with a special issue dedicated to national parks. Additional details and guidlines.

Mexico Energy Reforms: New Challenges and Opportunities

The Natural Resources Journal (NRJ) at the University of New Mexico School of Law seeks proposals for academic articles for its Spring 2016 issue, Number 56.2, on legal and policy issues relating to various aspects of the Mexican energy reforms and the future for the energy relationship between the United States and Mexico. Additional details and guidlines.

The Natural Resources Journal (NRJ) is published by the University of New Mexico School of Law and is an international, interdisciplinary forum devoted to the study of natural and environmental resources. The Journal is policy oriented, and seeks to overcome the isolation of scholars in various disciplines who are concerned with natural and environmental resources.

Interdisciplinary collaboration in solving resource-related problems was a formative principle in the creation of the Journal and, for 50 years, the Journal has been guided by that principle. The NRJ's contributors come from various disciplines, represent many countries, and provide many approaches to the complex issues raised by the need to balance resource development and environmental concerns.

Publication Information

International Standard Serial Number (ISSN): 0028-0739
Federal Tax Identification Number (FEIN/TIN): 85-6000642
Publication Frequency: Two issues/year (effective vol. 51)
Index: Published in last issue of each volume year

Student Membership

The Natural Resources Journal offers memberships to students who are entering their second year of law school and are in good academic standing (G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher). All student members of the Natural Resources Journal have shown themselves more than qualified for membership by participating and excelling in a writing competition held once per year during the spring semester.

Information for Students