Professor Dave Sidhu and five UNM Law alumni selected for 40 Under Forty
June 13, 2016 - Tamara Williams
When asked what hashtag he would use to describe himself, Sidhu chose #TheWireFanatic.
Professor Dawinder "Dave" S. Sidhu and five UNM Law alumni are recipients of Albuquerque Business First’s 40 under Forty awards for their contributions to the community, professional excellence and leadership.
Business First will celebrate the honorees at the Black and White-themed awards event on June 16 at Sandia Resort & Casino.
Although his expertise is in constitutional law, criminal law, and national security, Sidhu has written extensively on a broad array of topics. His commentaries are featured in leading publications and blogs, and his scholarship has been cited nationwide. He is a knowledgeable and effective teacher who receives highly-regarded for his enthusiasm, helpfulness and professionalism.
“I am incredibly impressed with the many things that Dave has been able to accomplish here in New Mexico, nationally, and internationally,” says Professor Nathalie Martin. “He is uniformly loved by students and colleagues alike.”
Albuquerque Business First asked nominees to come up with hashtags to describe themselves.
Sidhu’s is #TheWireFanatic.
Other members of the UNM Law community in the 40 under Forty spotlight this year and their hastags are:
- Aja Brooks (‘08), Pro Bono Coordinator at New Mexico Legal Aid, came up with three hashtags: #oldsoul, #90shiphopconnoisseur, #antiquesroadshowlover
- Shammara Henderson (‘07), Assistant United States Attorney at District of New Mexico, #EnPointe
- Rosalyn Nguyen (‘07), Associate University Counsel, UNM Health Sciences Center, #Nguyening
- Quentin Smith (‘03), Shareholder/Director of Sheehan & Sheehan PA, #poundtherock
- Grace Spulak, a highly valued on-call attorney with the Corinne Wolfe Center for Child & Family Justice, #persistent