UNM Law Not-for-Profit Art Gallery Launches All Law School Show on April 19
April 6, 2016 - Tamara Williams
The University of New Mexico School of Law Not-for-Profit Art Gallery will launch its All Law School Show with a reception on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 5:00-6:00 p.m. at the Law School, located at 1117 Stanford N.E., Albuquerque, NM. Free parking is available in the Law School parking lot after 4:00 p.m. The show is scheduled to run through the mid-October.
Ten artists were selected for the exhibit.
- Law school students: Ann McCollum, Stephanie Russo, Greg Smithkier, and Alexandra Vincent.
- Law school staff: Robert Flinkman, Mary Dewey, and Raylene Weis
- Law faculty: Professor Sherri Burr and Professor Steven Homer
- Law alumni: Barbara Shapiro
All of these artists plan to be available to discuss their work. Hors d’oeuvres and wine will be served and Johnny Alston, an Afro-Native American flutist, will play his free form, mesmerizing, peaceful music.
- Professor Sherri Burr, Chair of the Art Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Flinkman, 277-8648, email@example.com
About the Gallery
The UNM School of Law Art Gallery features art of varied mediums from artists including students, faculty, alumni and friends of the law school and the university. Professor Sherri Burr, UNM Regents Professor, heads the UNM Law School's Art Committee and is host of ARTS TALK, a weekly television she produces and hosts. Aside from the intrinsic value of having art in the School of Law and the goal of funding a scholarship, Burr says there's another important reason for the art gallery: "An art enriched environment is conducive to learning."
See Professor Burr’s profile.