About the Natural Resources Journal

The Natural Resources Journal (NRJ) is published by the University of New Mexico School of Law and is an international, interdisciplinary forum devoted to the study of natural and environmental resources. The Journal is policy oriented, and seeks to overcome the isolation of scholars in various disciplines who are concerned with natural and environmental resources.

Interdisciplinary collaboration in solving resource-related problems was a formative principle in the creation of the Journal and, for 50 years, the Journal has been guided by that principle. The NRJ's contributors come from various disciplines, represent many countries, and provide many approaches to the complex issues raised by the need to balance resource development and environmental concerns.

Natural Resources Journal is a member of the National Conference of Law Reviews, Inc.

Commitment to Excellence

Natural Resources Journal (NRJ) is a student-run legal publication. All articles undergo a group review process and, for those articles chosen for publication, an extensive editorial review and revisions by third-year law students at The University of New Mexico School of Law. NRJ is committed to the highest standards of quality and integrity in the publication of articles, case notes, and reviews.

NRJ editors work to identify plagiarism and methodically review articles under consideration for publication for citation manipulation and/or data falsification. The University of New Mexico does not encourage research misconduct or plagiarism, nor knowingly allow this to take place. NRJ will publish corrections, clarifications, retractions, and apologies diligently if and when they are required.

Note: The views expressed in the articles published by the Natural Resources Journal are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Editorial Board, the Law Faculty or Regents of the University of New Mexico. The Natural Resources Journal does not provide legal advice or research services. For assistance with specific legal problems, consult a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. For research questions or other information please ask your local public or academic library.