Student and Career Services
Interested in expanding or changing your career? Career Services can help! We provide comprehensive professional development assistance to our graduates and encourage you to review the list of services and resources below and contact us for more information. We will also help connect you with a broad range of law practices and legal markets throughout the country.
Services We Offer
- Personalized career advising, including assistance in focusing career objectives and identifying relevant opportunities to develop practical skills.
- Individualized application material review and assistance, including resumes and cover letters.
- Mock interviews that simulate the format of various legal employers, such as traditional, panel, and behavioral interviews.
- Coordination of federal and state judicial clerkship applications.
- Assistance with fellowship proposal development and applications and connections to post-graduate host sites.
- Programs and workshops on topics such as resume and cover letter preparation, interviewing skills, career options, job search strategy, networking, and salary negotiation.
- Job Board listing current employment opportunities year-round with firms, corporations, government offices, public interest agencies, and judges.
- Reciprocity privileges with law school Career Services offices nationwide.
- UNM Law Advocate, powered by Symplicity, the industry-leading, on-line career services management program, providing access to job openings, a customized professional profile, and personal and interview calendars.
- UNM Law Advisor Directory - the start of your single greatest source of opportunity: an interactive, alumni and friend-based professional network.
- A career resource library.
- Employment data encompassing type of employment, location, and salary.